What do you think of Australia's bowlers?

Discussion in 'Target ball Sports' started by ashley, Jan 2, 2010.

1. ashley

ashley Guest

What do people think of Australias bowling attack. Has Hauritz cemented his position? Will Johnsons form stay more consistent after the ashes letdown and who do you think will make up the bowling attack. Should Clarke play and are there any exciting up and comers in the ranks? Id love to know peoples opinions.
  2. brett

brett Guest

Slowly getting there. Ask this question at the end of this summer and well see then.

Todays Telegraph has a sports headline saying that our bowling attack are keen to "hunt as a pack", which is a good sign.
  3. jarron

jarron Rookie

what i find really weird is that pakistans player muhammad aamer got 5/79 and hauritz got like 5/101 nd everyones saying how great hauritz is when look at aamer whose only 17
  4. jessey43

jessey43 Guest

Well i dont think hauritz will be consistent but he is a decent bowler.Johnson is a good prospect and he needs to deliver his performance consistently.But bollinger is a cool prospect i feel he will become a good bowler.
  5. lamont24

lamont24 Guest

They are improving. I still dont know if Hauritz is the answer. Johnson can be very inconsistent but when on fire he is good value. Having Watson as back up medium pace is worthwhile. When Hilfenhaus is fit I would expect Siddle to go.
  6. welborne

welborne Rookie

yeh good question...

i would like to see if hauritz has a break give the young steven smith te leggy...

see how he goes.. shane warne says he got potentiol its just has to be put to the the test.

johnson really can go either way.. he bowled well he hasnt bowled like that since the tour of SA.

i still think that stuart clark deserves a go... he as a great record and i think they should opt wiht clark in second test againsty Pak and maybe give siddle a rest...
    wat do u guys think>>

yeh the aussie bowling attack is doing well... but what happened in the ashes??
    were they missing the pace and bounce of bollinger?? maybe.. the should have opted with bollinger intstead of siddle...

personally i dont think siddle has really been a bowler to watch out for... bollinger is... i still think stuart clark has a career but with young talent comming through... i feel awfully sorry for him... he set up an ashes test macth win...

cheers
  7. aodhaigh

aodhaigh Rookie

I think Australias bowling attack is pretty good and Hauritz has probably got his spot safe for the time being. Steven Smith playing for New South Wales should probably be playing in Hauritz position. Smith is a better batsman and an equal if not better bowler who is much more likely to be Australias answer to Shane Warne.

Muahahahaha - The commentators were all saying how good the young Pakistani player was, so his performance has not gone unnoticed. Unfortunately when a team loses as a general rule the performance of a similar standard doesnt get talked about as much as the one on the winning team. Sort of like when Ponting scored 164 against South Africa in the the Johannesburg ODI that broke almost all team batting world records at the time. Gibbs Innings was only slightly more influential in the result for South Africa. As the game was played in South Africa and the game was ultimately won by South Africa, Pontings massive innings went mainly un noticed even though it was one of the best ever ODI innings in the best ever ODI match. Gibbs innings was talked about heaps.
  8. irwyn4

irwyn4 Guest

they r the next best thing !! they gonna rule World cricket again !!
  9. long

long Rookie

they badly miss Mc grath and Warne . yes ther are some gud bowler like johnson , bollinger, lee, etc but they not take place of them . hauritz was ther bcz aussie hve no option in spin hogg retire, miller no more , clarke is really gud bowl bt i think he will nw nt comebck bcz of his injury
  10. cormag56

cormag56 Guest

I think an attack of Siddle, Johnson and Bollinger, given more experience bowling together over the next year or two and you will have a very competent and hard headed pace attack. Still unsure about Hauritz, though I firmyl beleive he is improving each game and it was good to see him actually take a bag of wickets so he joins my attack.
  11. kagen85

kagen85 Guest

Much better Condition Then before,( Much-Much better)
    BUT Johnson is Much Better Then Hauritz.
  12. connie

connie Rookie

theyre okay now curtley ambrose was the real deal
  13. brandon

brandon Guest

If Steven Smith was in the team, that would be ANOTHER allrounder in the team. We already have Johnson and Watson, but another wouldnt hurt. I like Hauritz but he only bowls the one deliverly, just a regulation off break.

We have too many fast bowlers:
    Johnson
    Siddle
    Bollinger
    Hilfenhaus
    Clark
    Lee
    McKay
  14. chalil

chalil Rookie

Johnson - Best quick in the world. Criticise him all you want but he just gets blokes out, plain and simple. Its a joke really that Steyn got number 1 rating when Johnson has taken more wickets (though I do rate Dale Steyn very highly, I just think Johnson has outperformed him in the last 12 months). Midge will continue to do the damage when its needed for Australia.
    Bollinger - A bolt from the blue, hes our number 2 bowler now. Is aggressive and can swing the ball. Has lots of passion too, you just cant help but like him.
    Siddle - A workhorse, gives 100% but im still not convinced hes good enough to be in the test squad. Bowls tidy L & L but hes not express pace and doesnt seem to do enough with the new ball.
    Hilfenhaus - Bowls stump to stump and with deadly late swing, if it were up to me hed be there in place of Siddle (assuming hes fit).
    Hauritz - Promising signs for him in Melbourne but he needs to back it up with another great performance before hell be fully accepted by the selectors and the general public. Doesnt turn the ball much, needs to work on that.
    Watson - Handy medium-fast swing bowler. Can tie up one end of the pitch with miserly line and length and swing it both ways. Oh, and he can bat a bit, too ;)

Lee and Clark - Unfortunately they are no longer in the picture. Theyre both getting on a bit and theres too many young blokes ready to assume their positions. Unless, of course, theres a major injury disaster or a big string of losses in which case the selectors might do an Allan Langer and rush one of them back in.

Steve Smith sounds like hes the one being groomed to take over from Ritzy as soon as the selectors become convinced he can no longer do the business.